Traction Converter Upgrade and Overhaul
Mid-life upgrades for traction power and control electronic equipment
With a typical lifespan of 40 years, the rolling stock industry are facing an increasing demand for mid-life upgrades for dated traction power and control electronic equipment.
Dynex has a 40-year history of providing power electronics to the traction industry, many of which are still operational today. Using our proprietary knowledge of the wear out mechanisms associated with the power semiconductors and clamp assemblies provided, Dynex can offer an assessment of the likely health of semiconductors in application, as well as providing a feasibility report on the current availability of equivalent parts for replacement or spare stock.
Dynex offer the following capabilities to support this:
- Re-traction of propulsion systems (e.g. GTO to IGBT)
- Converter mid-life upgrade/overhaul
- Reliability improvements
- Replacement Semiconductor devices
Mid-life upgrades offer a number of benefits including:
- Improved reliability and maintainability resulting in reduced life cycle cost
- Availability through lower downtime and higher reliability
- Obsolescence management - full collaborative agreement with Dynex ensures long term UK support for spares and maintenance.